School meals at East Bierley are very popular! The food served is delicious and the children have firm favourites - ask any of them. Two-course school meals are available for all pupils as a cost of £2.05* per day. At East Bierley Primary we offer a choice of menu and meet the National Nutritional Standards. Modified diets can be provided if supported by an approved diet sheet.
Experiencing school dinners -which are taken by most children and many staff- is best described by them.
Amelia H, from Year 6, when discussing our school commented, 'I couldn't forget Helen - the school cook - and her dinner team. The great cooks always provide us with a yummy meal each and every day, without fail.'
Free School Meals
Free school meals are available for children who attend East Bierley Primary and whose parents or carers receive one or more of the following:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, but are not entitled to a Working Tax Credit and your annual income (as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs) is less than £16,190
- Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
Applying for Free School Meals
Complete a Free School Meals application form and take it to one of the following offices with proof of your benefit:
- Attendance and Pupil Support Service, Civic Centre 1 North (Ground Floor), High Street, Huddersfield, HD1 2NF
- The Kirklees Information Point, Civic Centre 1, Huddersfield, HD1 2NF
- The Kirklees Information Point, Dewsbury, Town Hall, Dewsbury, WF12 8DQ
- Batley Cash & Information Office, Batley Town Hall, Market Square, Batley,WF17 2DE
- Cleckheaton Cash & Information Office, Cleckheaton Town Hall, Cleckheaton, BD19 2RH
- Heckmondwike Library, Walkley Lane, Heckmondwike, WF16 0LY
- Marsden Information Point, 20-26 Peel Street, Marsden, Huddersfield, HD7 6BW
- Skelmanthorpe Library and Information Centre, Commercial Road, Skelmanthorpe, HD8 9DA
- Thornhill Lees Information Point, 53 Brewery Lane, Thornhill Lees, WF12 0NB
Paying for School Meals
Children may bring a packed lunch which are eaten in the main hall. Packed lunches should be in a secure named container. No sweets are allowed – instead, we encourage lots of fruit or vegetables. Water is available on all tables for children who choose a packed lunch. However, your child can bring their own drink in a non-breakable container – please avoid fizzy drinks.
*Details correct at 1 September 2016.